After celebrating and sharing with our community through our twelve days of Christmas we were reminded that it really is a time to give and share with family and friends. Giving back reminded us of the love and support we have received all year long. We want to take a moment to reflect on the year and say thank you to the many people who have been part of our amazing journey this year. It was a year for us to remember with the launch of Regina speech centre, the renovation of our space, and the opening of our doors. We have spent this year creating a community that we are proud of and excited to see grow in the coming year.
This year wouldn’t have been possible without the gifts and support of so many people in our lives. We want to say a heartfelt thank you to some of them. So here it goes!
Thank you to:
• Stacie Donison of Sunshine speech who planted the seed that became Regina Speech Centre, and her husband Scott for his meticulous and hard work during our construction of the centre.
• Good friends and family who: babysat our children, chipped in working and building, were an ear to listen to our worries, gave great advice, and kept us going with their belief in our vision.
• The businesses and professionals that supported our venture by creating logos, signs, photos, business plans, websites and more!
• The talented clinicians who took a leap of faith and joined our centre this year: Orenda, Chandra and Amanda! Their skills and abilities have taken us further than we imagined in such a short period of time
• Lastly the families that attend Regina Speech Centre for services. We are honoured that you have chosen us to be part of your journey.
With this amazing year under our belts we can’t wait to spend the upcoming year continuing with our mission of empowering families by developing skills to connect within their community. We have many exciting opportunities planned and thought we’d give you a quick sneak peak of what’s to come.
First, we are so excited to add another team member. Stay tuned later this week for a post dedicated to Lynn Gore, our new family educator. Lynn is an experienced Triple P Parenting facilitator with a background in developmental disabilities and as a bonus is also an infant massage instructor. She is eager and ready to support our families in their journey forward. She will be offering parent education classes including topics such as: positive mealtimes, night time routines and toilet training.
In the New Year keep your eyes peeled to our Facebook page and website for class announcements. We will be offering;
• Social skills groups
• Fluency groups
• More speech sound groups
• Articulation/speech sound home programming
• Infant massage
• Parent discussion groups
• Picky eating seminars
• Baby classes with Anna Baker Baby wearing
• Screen time workshop
• Ready to Eat: starting your baby on solids
We can’t wait to continue supporting our families and our community here in Regina. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your ongoing support. We have felt so blessed this year to connect with each and every family, community member, and business that has crossed our path. We hope you all have a wonderful holiday and enjoy your time with family and friends.
Regina Speech Centre Inc.
Empowering families, connecting communities.