Why choose Regina Speech Centre?

All of our therapists are experienced with many years in their chosen area of practice.  We work with you and your family to create an intervention plan and budget that will be most effective.  We believe communication is a basic human right and do our best to empower you to make changes for your family member so they can remain connected in their community.

How do you see a private speech and language therapist in Regina? Do I need a doctor’s referral? And how do I make an appointment?

You do not need a Dr’s referral or nurse, or teacher. You can self refer! If you have concerns simply call us at 306.533.9105 or 306.540.5666 and we can book you in for an appointment or you can email [email protected].

What is the cost?

Typically assessment or direct intervention is $130.00 per hour or $65.00 per half hour. You are provided a receipt that many of our families submit to their benefit packages.

Why private speech and language therapy?

There are many different reasons for accessing private services as opposed to public. Some of the most common are:

  • Wait lists in the public system can be long and you may want some support while you wait for public services.
  • You may want more frequent support to supplement the public services you are receiving.
  • Private services can offer more flexibility in working around your family’s schedule.

Are speech and language therapy sessions eligible for extended health care benefits?

Yes they are! Most extended health care plans provide coverage for our services just as you would receive reimbursement for physiotherapy or a chiropractor. Please check with your plan for amounts and requirements for reimbursements. We are registered, licensed and certified; all of which are general requirements for the provider’s services to be covered.

How often should I have speech and language therapy?

It is completely dependent on your family’s needs, the severity of difficulties, family schedules, and the type of programming that best suits your family member. We are always more than willing to work with you to help you determine what your needs and budget are.

What does an assessment entail and look like?

An assessment actually is not as daunting as it sounds. We will ask you a variety of questions, build rapport with you and your family member, and do a combination of play based evaluations and/or standardized evaluations where clients are asked to locate objects, point to items or label pictures upon request.

How do I know if my child or my family member needs help?

Trust your instincts; if you are concerned it is worthwhile having it checked out.

Some general signs that a child may need help are:

By age 18 months,  they do not seem to follow language. They do not yet use words. They do not babble a variety of sounds. They do not imitate sounds or words.

By two, they do not use two word phrases or follow two step directions

By three, strangers are unable to understand them or they are not using simple sentences and following longer directions

Some general signs an adult may need help are:

They have a diagnosis that will lead to communication impairment:  dementia, ALS, Alzheimers, Parkinsons…

They have recently had a stroke and are having difficulty talking or following language.

They appear to not be following directions or conversation like they used to.

Difficulty swallowing or chewing food consistently.

Where are you located?

1321 Hamilton St., Regina,  in the warehouse area.

What is your cancellation policy?

We require 24 hours notice for cancellation before a scheduled appointment.  If your cancellation is less than 24 hours in advance you will be charged 50% of the session fee.

Empowering Families.  Connecting Communities.