COVID – 19 Update
Earlier this morning we greeted our clients and families with updated procedures and protocols that we would be implementing to ensure our centre remains as safe as possible for you. We want you to know we value your wellness and want to work with our families to do our part in reducing the transmission of COVID-19. We also want to ensure we continue to provide the best service possible for you. Taking our direction from Saskatchewan Health Authority, here are some of the steps we are taking to help protect everyone in this ever-evolving situation.
- all groups will be canceled until further notice
- We will continue to waive our cancellation fee for any illness
- We have increased the frequency in which we are disinfecting materials and toys
- We will sterilize all surfaces, door handles, light switches and toys between clients
- If a client arrives to an appointment unwell we will ask that they reschedule to protect the health of our clinicians and families
- We ask that all clients arriving wash their hands prior to their scheduled appointment.
- If you suspect that you have come into contact with someone that was tested positive for COVID-19 then we ask you to contact us to reschedule your appointment for 14 days after contact
- If you have recently returned in the last 14 days from the travel outside of Canada we ask that you contact us to reschedule your appointment to allow at least 14 days back in Canada symptom free.
- Please do not bring siblings to appointments unless absolutely necessary in order to reduce the amount of people in the waiting room of the clinic. Most parents attend the appointment with their child, if you typically do not, consider staying in your car during the duration of the appointment to again reduce the amount of people in the waiting room.
In addition, we acknowledge some families may feel uncertain about accessing speech therapy in a public location such as our centre. We want to continue to be the centre that matches your family needs. That being said we now will offer online sessions and home programming targeting your loved ones individual goals. If this is an option you would like to explore, please contact your clinician directly.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate this uncharted territory. We look forward to providing our families and community continued speech and language services.
Regina Speech Centre
Nichole Forbes & Cynthia Bakker